Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Buck Up, Cupcake!

This has been one of the most difficult weeks I have ever had in my working career. But... I have been surrounded by supportive people and I'm going to stick it out. I have to stick it out!

I appreciate all the words of encouragement I have been given, the extra prayers said on my behalf, and the treats delivered to my door (thanks, Judy and Vicky).

There are so many things in this life that are hard. Some seem so trivial and some are downright impossible. I know that many who are reading my blog would trade me trials in a heartbeat, and yet, you have been concerned about me. Thank you.

(Title- my friend, Shari told me that her elderly neighbor once said these words to his wife when she was in labor with their first child. It totally makes me laugh.)

6 comments:

judy said...

i am glad you have reached a decision. being undecided is almost as bad as having to do something you hate, ask emily! anyway, it is our trials that make us strong. unfortunately, Heavenly Father wants you to grow in another direction! don't you love it. you can do this, i know! just one call at a time...

snesiver--great word without meaning!

Lynette said...

Did Vicky bring you COOKIES? Thinking of you and hope that work is getting a little bit easier every day.

vicky said...

ha ha ha...I am glad you are doing a TEENY BIT BETTER!!
It reminds me of Finding Nemo...keep on swimming :)

Jamie said...

Keep on swimming? More like trying to keep from drowning. ;-)

emily said...

i hope things are going good!! i miss you guys!!

Lynette said...

Today is your day off, isn't it? Turn the phones off and escape for a day! :)