Monday, January 18, 2010

Random Stuff

Around our house, things have been happening at lightning speed. Not a lot to report, just feeling busy.
  • Caleb was asked to be a Patrol Leader for the Jamboree
  • We made "Cowgirl Cookies"- yum! You can't go wrong making cookies with chocolate chips and M&M's
  • We joined Pinching Your Pennies and are having tons of fun stocking up on sales and increasing our food storage- we now have enough cereal to feed a small army (or Caleb)
  • We have been watching the news coming out of Haiti and I am sick over the homeless/parent less children. I imagine my kids or my nieces and nephews wandering around alone, hungry, afraid, and possibly hurt, and it about breaks my heart. If a need for foster parents arises for Haitian children in the US, I'm signing up.
  • Clint and I have both been working a lot of hours lately and I think we're both worn out, but also motivated by our resolve to become debt-free this year
  • Catilin and I have been making Valentine's
  • We've seen the movies, Leap Year and A Spy Next Door- two clean, decent shows

That's about it...

7 comments:

jkmilligan said...

I want to see the Valentines you've been making. My daughter would love a project like that, but mom doesn't have a lot of creativity.

Unknown said...

Love the font! You did it! I love being in touch again.

Jamie said...

Melissa, let me just be honest here- Clint is my web designer. He gets all credit for making my blog look decent. Now, if I could just talk him into writing the posts too...

vicky said...

I totally agree with the part about Haiti. I have been struggling with watching the news on such devastation.

judy said...

you are doing great! i wish things could just be simple, but for some strange reason it seems like life is on the downhill side of a roller coaster, not bad just picking up speed.
--nequel, something like a knee jerk reaction to the sequel?

penny said...

Haiti---can't talk about.
Clint is amazing.

I am with Kim, I NEED to see your valentines. You are really talented and creative and make life fun.

I remember doing the peppermint patty turkeys at the hospital with Bonnie. I was just loving them. Then, and not to my surprise, Bonnie says, "Oh Jamie brought me this idea and the supplies." Yep, you are amazing.

Lynette said...

Life seems to never slow down. January is slowly creeping to a close. How is the work craziness treating you?