Friday, April 15, 2011

Time with Caitlin

Caitlin is off track for a month. I have thought about all the things I want to do with her during this time and how to make it fun and special. It’s the last break she will have in elementary school, other than a short summer before entering junior high.

We went to lunch earlier this week with some of my friends that she knows, and then shopping for warm weather clothes. I love that she chooses modest clothes and that she is more into Legos than make-up. On a quick errand to Target, she decided she wanted to plan an Easter egg hunt for her cousins and picked out plastic eggs and candy that she thought they would like. She’s a sweetie.

She has such a great group of school/neighbor friends. They are darling, silly, 12 year olds who make hundreds of calls back and forth trying to coordinate getting together. This week they have gone to the movie, out to lunch, and today they are doing a marathon temple trip. Yesterday, it was our turn to help carpool them around, I had to laugh to myself because Caitlin is funny and she keeps her friends laughing. It’s good to see that others see that part of her like we do at home. I’m hopeful it will be this group of friends who will help her through the ups and downs of junior high and keep her on the right track.

2 comments:

judy said...

such a good mom! sounds like so much fun!

Lynette said...

Enjoy your time with Caitlin. I am glad that she has such a great group of friends. It makes all the difference.