Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Quick Little Update

I am so far behind posting on my blog, I don’t even know where to start…

  • We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We spent it with my family- parents, sibs, nieces and nephew, grandma, and my aunt. We had a fun weekend shopping, crafting, and hiking. Caitlin is head over heels in love with my mom and dad’s new puppy, Cooper and had fun playing with him.
  • Caleb and Caitlin both did awesome in school last quarter and both made honor roll. This is especially exciting for Caitlin. She is doing amazingly well in school and it actually seems to benefit her to have seven different teachers. She has also found that she loves reading. Yay!
  • Caleb was asked to the Winter Ball by a girl named Analee, who is in his seminary class. He answered her with a scripture scavenger hunt… it really came in handy that his name is found in the Bible.
  • Caleb was called as a Family History Consultant in our ward, with three other youth.
  • I took Caitlin to Time Out for Girl’s in November and it was such a great experience. I love that she wants to make good decisions.
  • Yesterday we did our BIG deep clean in the basement. We do this three times a year and while I absolutely despise the thought of it, it is so satisfying to have the kids rooms purged, cleaned and organized before Christmas. I am constantly amazed by the things I find during these marathon cleaning adventures. Here’s an example… these are the socks found in Caitlin’s bed… 103I found more between the mattress and box spring. I think she forgets that we have laundry baskets and trash cans in strategic places in our home that she is free to use.
  • Finally, the big news… we are officially house hunting. Eeekkk! There is a house we’ve already found that we really like, but we’re trying to remain unemotional about it until we’ve looked into it a little more. Other than knowing where we want to be, we are pretty much starting from scratch. We are open to both pre-owned and new, one and two stories, and many different styles of homes like cottages, bungalows, four square, Victorian, etc… We definitely have a wish list and a target budget, but other than that we’re open minded. The only thing that we’ve pretty much ruled out is building a new home.
  • Our December is off to a busy start and we have a lot to look forward to and be grateful for.  Love this time of year!

7 comments:

Lynette said...

Hooray for the honor roll!! I know that is a big deal for Caitlin and school has been a struggle for her in the past! Hooray for the house hunting! You have worked hard to get to this point! Enjoy!!

judy said...

busy busy! i was wishing there was more info on the new house...location.
prizedul--hopefully not too dull!

Virginia and Shane said...

Sounds like lots of happy things for you guys!!! Good luck house hunting!! I hope it's close!!

jkmilligan said...

A new home, how exciting!

Libby and Dustin said...

Excited and sad you are looking for a new house! Seriously makes me sad to even think of not having you as neighbors:(

Jamie said...

Oh Libby, you might have us as neighbors longer than you can stand. We're having commitment issues when it comes to taking on a mortgage.

Libby and Dustin said...

Is it bad that I am happy you will be staying for a while? Regardless, you've worked hard to be able to buy a beautiful house and I am excited for you and your wonderful family.