Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Little Bit of Everything

The weekend is coming to a close and I’m kind of sad because it’s one I’ve been looking forward to for awhile.

First, it has been wonderful having Caleb home. He had such a great time in Sweden and Denmark. This trip was everything we could have hoped it would be and we’re grateful for this amazing opportunity (I can say that now that the disgusting laundry he brought home has been washed multiple times and is now put away). We got an ear full of stories and experiences the first night he came home and he continues to remember things that he shares. I hope to get some of his photos uploaded soon… but not this week!

On Friday I went out with some of my oldest and favorite friends. I love this smart, talented, good-hearted group of ladies. We started with dinner at Zupas, then creative fun at Color Me Mine (we needed way more time than 2 hours), and topped the night off with frozen yogurt. We stretched this night out as long as we could and have decided our next GNO is going to be an all nighter.

001

On Saturday we did a ton of yard work. Too much yard work for one day. Clint thinks he’s too old for the “To Do” list we were trying to accomplish, and Caleb about died of heatstroke. He’s not used to the dry heat after spending most of this summer in 70 degree temperatures. Luckily for us, some of our sweet neighbors arrived with shovels and helped us get it done.

Last night Clint and I went to a dutch oven class/catered dinner. It was a ton of fun spending the evening with our neighbors and friends visiting, learning, and eating the yummiest dinner. We had pork chops with apple and almond stuffing, scalloped potatoes. mushrooms and asparagus, parmesan cheese bread, and blueberry and raspberry cobbler. The mushrooms were my favorite. Oh man, they were so, so good.

003  011019  023

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AWWWW! That makes me sad for myself. I should have been there. Why do I have to live so far away. Miss you all tons!

Jamie said...

We miss you too, Melissa. I am the one who moved across the valley from the rest of our group, but you are definitely more than a car ride away. :-(