Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Grateful

I’m sitting here waiting for my turn in the shower hoping there will be some hot water left. I have dirt in my hair, under my nails, and between my toes. It’s a good kind of dirty though. The kind that is the result of hard work and service.

For some reason we have yet to identify it doesn’t seem to be the right time for us to move. It’s disappointing and at the same time okay. We are lucky to have this comfortable home and wonderful neighbors. Tonight the families up and down our street helped move and spread fresh dirt around our neighbors yard. It felt good to work together doing  something meaningful and helpful while enjoying each others company. Even if I don’t have the house I want, we definitely have the type of community I’ve always wanted to raise my kids in.

1 comment:

judy said...

Grateful is the best way to be. Life never seems to be what we plan, and yet we keep planning. Seems funny, but it keeps us going. I am glad you are happy where you are. That makes all the difference.